Thursday, December 16, 2010

and here i am...

As long as the auto kept on standing in the traffic, I kept on looking at her.
She never for even once did look at me.
Is she aware that I am staring at her? No she isn't.
She kept looking at one direction, as if she was waiting for someone… or may be something. Far away… just so far away from the sabzi mandi… 4 bungalow signals, beyond andheri…Mumbai, this country... beyond this life…
Her face had many lines of worry, her eyes were little sad and tired. Once the auto moved a little ahead, she changed the direction and with the same expression started looking at another direction… far away…
I was trying to figure out why am I glued to this face… what is that I am so intrigued about? That face had worry, weariness, wait and this entire thing put together turned into an unavoidable habit with each passing day.
She is just over and done with whatever has been going on around her. And gotten used to even that. So there she was. My 52 year old muse...
Another emotion it had… I searched looking for that word… that’s so dramatically similar to my state of mind…

Indifference.

No comments: